Wort Sterilization CWS
Principle & Description
The Wort Sterilization System (CWS) is used for the production of cold sterile beer wort. The beer wort is heated up to 110 °C to ensure absolute sterility. The temperature is kept for a specified time while the wort is flowing through the holding pipe. Then the wort is cooled down regeneratively and further cooled with glycol or ammonia.
The process is well established in the brewing industry for providing sterile beer wort for the reliable and continuous operation of the yeast propagation. The system is characterized by exact control of sterilization temperature, high operational reliability and high heat recuperation up to 95%.
- Production of absolutely sterile beer wort
- Exact control of programmed sterilization temperature
- High heat recuperation up to 95%
- Hygienic design, full CIP capability
- Easy operation, low maintenance effort, long service life
- Fully automatic operation with standard PLC and touch panel
- Optional integration in process control system and remote maintenance
- Individually dimensioned and designed for each specific application
- Equipment and components according to customer specification
- Compact tubular-frame system (skid mounted)